Skip to main content

Frequently-Asked Questions Q&A Updated:2024-01-19 11:56

  • The CTV is engaging in transportation of passengers and cargoes, which should meet the standards of the Vessel Carrier. The staffing of seafarers must be in accordance with the standards for passenger ship (carrying 12 or more people) or cargo ship passengers (transport ships, less than 12). Cargo ships and passenger ships shall be disposed of in accordance with the "The Standards for Minimum Safety Manning for Seafarers on a Ship".

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:27 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:27
  • Our seafarer manning is calculated based on the ship's vessel class / total tonnage / navigation area, and according to the "The Standards for Minimum Safety Manning for Seafarers on a Ship", attachment 4.

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:27 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:27
  • Article 70-1 of "The Seafarer Act" "To ensure the safety of the ship and navigation, the employer shall, before and at the beginning of the voyage, man the ship with sufficient and qualified seafarers in accordance with relevant provisions". Whether it is a 2 or 3 shift schedule.
    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:28 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:28
  • The working hours and rest periods of  seafarers in R.O.C. are stipulated in the " The Seafarer Act" and  "The Standards for Minimum Safety Manning for Seafarers on a Ship", which shall be applied in priority.
    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:28 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:28
  • According to Article 8 of the "Regulations Governing the Management and Employment of Foreign National Seafarers":

    I.Officer: The Deck Department and Engine Department can hire one officer separately for the positions of first-class deck officer and first-class engineer officer or second-class chief mate and second-class second engineer officer on each vessel; no master’s or chief engineer officer’s positions shall be offered.

    II.Rating: The number of foreign national ratings on any vessel shall not exceed half of the total number of ratings stipulated on the minimum safety manning certificate.

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:28 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:28
  • You can refer to the website of the mtnet:

    And the "Downloads" has various application process instructions:

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:29 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:29
  • Article 6 of "The Seafarer Act" "The qualification of seafarers shall be in conformity with the provision of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, and any other international covenants. Seafarers shall also pass the Seafarer Examination or verification of the Seafarer Training.

    For foreign national seafarer’s application qualification employed by R.O.C. vessels, the relevant laws shall apply."
    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:29 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:29
  • 1.  Seafarers serving offshore wind power vessels shall participate in the professional training of seafarers regulated by the STCW Convention and obtain a qualification certificate according to their rank. At present, professional training institutions such as Chinese Maritime Institute, National Taiwan Ocean University, National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology,  and Taipei University of Marine Technology handle training courses.

     2.Offshore wind power engineering personnel should obtain GWO related training certifications. Currently, "Taiwan International Windpower Training Corporation Ltd" and "Bureau of Energy, MOEA" are planning to launch training courses on basic safety and advanced technology of maritime engineering.

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:30 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:30
  • 1. Maritime cabotage is the right to transport passengers or cargo within R.O.C. coastal waters. Ship sailing with a foreign flagged,however, do need a cabotage certificate from the responsible regional Water,according to the Shipping Act.

    2. R.O.C. Vessel Carrier is required to have one R.O.C.-flagged ship at least.(Also, the Captain is the R.O.C. national) A ship may apply for registering as a R.O.C.-flagged ship Under any one of the following conditions:

        1. The ship is owned by the R.O.C. government.
        2. The ship is owned by a R.O.C. national. 

        3. The ship is owned by any of the following companies, which are established under the R.O.C. laws,     with principal offices situated within the R.O.C. territory:
            (1) An unlimited company, of which all shareholders are R.O.C. nationals.
            (2) A limited company, of which at least half of the capital is owned by R.O.C. nationals, and the director         authorized to represent such company is a R.O.C. national.
            (3) A joint company, of which all shareholders with unlimited liabilities are R.O.C. nationals.

            (4) A company limited by shares, of which the chairman of the board and at least half of the directors are         R.O.C. nationals, and at least half of the capital is owned by R.O.C. nationals.

        4. The ship is owned by a juridical corporate, which is established under the R.O.C. laws, with its main office
        situated within the R.O.C. territory and at least two-thirds of the members and the statutory representative     being R.O.C. nationals.
    (Refers to article 5, the Law of ships)

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:30 Last Verify Time:2024-01-19 11:56
  • The Operation Vessels of offshore transportation (cargo & passengers) service involves the issues of market opening and the rights of Maritime cabotage. At present, the rights of many countries in the world are reserved to their national-flagged ships,including the United States, Canada, Japan,South Korea, and China. Meanwhile, there are special agreements among EU countries. It is also not open to non-EU countries.
    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:31 Last Verify Time:2024-01-19 11:55
Back to the top